Frequently Asked Questions

Don't be afraid to ask questions and reach out to the Student Services Team when you need help. We are here for you!



Who is my academic advisor?

Your assigned academic advisor is listed in your UAConnect Degree Audit. If one is not listed, please contact the Waldrip Student Center (AGRI 205) for help (479) 575-2252 -or-

What can I study in Bumpers College?

To explore your options in Bumpers College take a minute to look over our majors

Additionally, please take a moment to complete the free MyMajors Assessment that can help you determine an appropriate UA major, based on your interests.


What classes do I need for my major and/or minor?

Major and Minor degree checksheets are available in the Undergraduate Programs information.

All students have access to their personal Degree Audit for all declared majors and/or minors through their UAConnect Student Center. These degree audits are updated automatically with course enrollments as students change their schedules and reflect exactly which major, concentration, minor, and catalog year the student is specifically pursuing.

How do I declare or change my major or minor?

Complete our degree change form and reply to your confirmation email to complete your request. If you have questions about your form, email

If you are a student from another college planning to add a minor, you must declare the minor in the college where your degree is housed.

How do I transfer course work or AP/IB credit to the UA?

An official transcript with your final grade must be sent from the institution where the credit was earned to the U of A Registrar’s Office. 

AP/IB credits must be requested from College Board to be sent to the Registrar’s Office as well. Please visit the Registrar's Office Transfer Credit page for further information.

How do I know if a class will transfer to the U of A from a Community College?

Check the course equivalency guide to determine how a class will transfer for credit to the U of A.

Where can I find a tutor?

1. General tutoring assistance:

2. Contact your class instructor to see if any offerings are available

How do I calculate my GPA?


 Your cumulative GPA can be found in your UAConnect Degree audit. 

 What is the Grade Exclusion Policy and how do I apply for it? 

The Grade Exclusion Policy allows undergraduate students to improve their University of Arkansas (UA) undergraduate cumulative grade-point average (GPA) by requesting that the university exclude up to 9 credit hours in courses taken at the UA in which a grade of “D” or “F” was received. The excluded courses will no longer be used to compute the UA GPA or be counted as credit. Please confer with your academic advisor prior to submitting the petition.

How do I develop a resume and find job opportunities?

The U of A Career Development Center is available to assist you with your resume and job searches.

How do I apply for graduation?

Applying for graduation is done through your UAConnect Student Center under the drop down links for “Other Academics.” This link is activated once you have completed at least 90 credit hours.

Detailed information on can be found on the Registrar’s website.

How do I request an official transcript?

Official transcript requests are processed through the Registrar's website

Any additional questions?


The Bumpers College Student Services  is always available to assist you. Stop by the office in the Waldrip Student Center in AGRI 205 at any time or contact at (479-575-2252) or email (