Planning to transfer? Before you make an appointment:
Students who are transferring to the U of A with to complete a major within the Bumpers College should make an appointment to meet with an academic advisor. Be prepared for your appointment by completing the checklist below:
- Make sure you have been completely admitted to the U of A.
- Make sure all of your completed transfer work has been posted to your UAConnect student center (select "Other Academic" and scroll to "Course History"). Need help?
- Note: If you took courses concurrently during high school, you will need to submit those transcripts as well.
- Note: If you have AP/IB credits, you need to have those scores sent to the U of A directly from the College Board.
- Make sure your immunization records have been turned in to the Pat Walker Health Center. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 479-575-7789.
- Make sure to remove any non-advising holds on your student center in UAConnect.
Completed steps 1-4? Here's how to schedule an appointment:
- Contact the Bumpers College Student Services Office at 479-575-2252 so that we can connect you to your new advisor and set up a time to meet. If you have met with them previously, please feel free to contact them directly.
- Please have a copy of your current transcript available during your advising appointment if you are taking courses this semester.
- Use the checksheet specific to your Bumpers College major to help guide your pre-advising decision.
Additional helpful information for new transfer students:
Transfer Degree Checksheets
All students transferring to the U of A should reference the entering semester degree checksheets. Please pay attention to specific course prerequisite information when applicable. Based on your internet browser settings, the worksheets may download automatically when you click the link, so be sure to check your device's downloads folder for the documents.
Admission and Orientation
Admissions - Still need to submit and application to the U of A? Apply now!
Orientation - Students transferring less than 24 credit hours should attend New Student Orientation. Students transferring 24 or more credit hours can participate in Online Orientation.
How will my courses transfer?
Arkansas Course Transfer Guide
View to know how your courses transfer from another Arkansas institution.
Transfer Course Equivalency Guides
These guides will allow you to search previously transferred courses from various institutions in the US and abroad.
My courses did not transfer the way I think they should, what do I do?
Petition "D" Grades
You can petition up to 6 hours of "D" grades to potentially work toward your degree.
Petition for Equivalency
This form allows you to petition courses currently evaluated and posted as 99T courses for UA equivalency.
This is a great website for all new students. It provides access to various resources, support and services available at the U of A.
Off Campus Connections
Find resources for commuter students, non-traditional students, housing, etc.
UA Catalog of Studies
This is the official source of information about your major and the academic requirements for completing the degree.