Transfer Students

Whether this is your first time at a major institution or you are finishing up a degree, Bumpers College is ready to help you achieve your academic goals!

Waldrip Student Center

Home to student services, the Waldrip Student Center offers a waiting area for students to study, relax and visit with other students, and opportunities to talk with staff members regarding advising, changing majors or minors, graduation, career services, scholarships, personal concerns and more. Visit us today!


AGRI 205

 (479) 575-2252 

Waldrip Student Center

Transfer Student Checklist

    1.  Apply and be admitted to the U of A (transfer application process).

    2.  Make sure all of your completed transfer work is posted to your UAConnect student center (select "Other Academic" and scroll to "Course History"). 

      1. Note: If you took courses concurrently during high school, you need to submit those transcripts as well.

      2.  Note: If you have AP/IB credits, have those scores sent to the U of A directly from the College Board.

    3. Submit your immunization records to the Pat Walker Health Center (records submission process).

    4.  Remove any non-advising holds on your student center in UAConnect.


Schedule an advising appointment!

Students transferring to the U of A to complete a major within Bumpers College need to make an appointment with an academic advisor. 

    1.  Contact the Bumpers College Student Services Office at or 479-575-2252 so we can connect you to your new advisor and set up a time to meet. If you have met previously, feel free to contact them directly.

    2.  Please have a copy of your current transcript available during your advising appointment.

    3.  Use the checksheet specific to your Bumpers College major to guide your pre-advising decision.


Admission and Orientation


Still need to submit an application to the U of A? Apply now!


Students transferring less than 24 credit hours should attend New Student Orientation. Students transferring 24 or more credit hours can participate in Online Orientation.

University of Arkansas Silas Hunt

Designated Transfer Pathways

The Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences at the University of Arkansas has partnered with various institutions across the state and surrounding regions to create a seamless transition from community and senior colleges to Bumpers College. This includes 3 + 1 dual degrees and 2 + 2 programs, which allow you to start your degree at your local college and finish at the U of A!

Read more about our designated transfer pathways.

Bumpers College student with laptop

Course Transfer Guides and Course Petitions

Arkansas Course Transfer Guide

View to learn how your courses transfer from another Arkansas institution.

Transfer Course Equivalency Guides

These guides allow you to search previously transferred courses from institutions in the U.S. and abroad.

Instructions: Select your current institution from the drop-down menus and click search. Courses are arranged in alphabetical order by the course abbreviations of the transfer institution. University of Arkansas equivalencies are listed to the right of each entry. All courses that have previously been transferred to the University of Arkansas will be listed; however, this may not encompass every possible course. Courses listed as NOTR 9999 do not transfer to the University of Arkansas. Those listed as 199T, 299T, 399T or 499T will transfer, but application to a specific degree program will be determined by the college offering the degree.

Petition "D" Grades

You can petition up to 6 hours of "D" grades to potentially work toward your degree.

Petition for Equivalency

This allows you to petition courses currently evaluated and posted as 99T courses for UA equivalency. 

Transfer Degree Checksheets

All students transferring to the U of A should reference the entering semester degree checksheets. Please pay attention to specific course prerequisite information when applicable. 


Other resources

This is a great website for new students. It provides access to various resources, support and services available at the U of A.

Off Campus Connections
Find resources for commuter students, non-traditional students, housing, etc. 

UA Catalog of Studies
This is the official source of information about your major and academic requirements for completing the degree.