Academic Advising & Student Services
Bumpers College Advising Mission
Enhance the educational experience and maximize opportunities for students in the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food & Life Sciences.
Therefore, we are committed to a strong, effective academic advising program. Advising plays a significant role in the developmental process of educating students for lifelong learning. The advising relationship is a partnership between student and advisor and is dependent on effective communication and regular contact. This partnership has shared responsibilities which culminate in student success.
In addition to advising, the Bumpers College Student Services team is here to answer questions, address concerns and offer support to you as you grow from new student to graduate. Our door is always open!
- Review degree audit
- Be responsible for self
- Be familiar with deadlines
- Know your degree plan requirements
- Plan a semester ahead
- Use your U of A e-mail
- Utilize your resources
- Communicate with advisors/instructors to develop a relationship
- Know degree requirements
- Know resources and services
- Understand sequencing of courses
- Provide guidance and advice
- Document advising information in UASuccess