Scholarships for students seeking rewarding careers careers promoting viable food and agriculture systems, sustainable environments, healthy families and vibrant communities are made possible by generous gifts from many firms and individuals. We greatly appreciate their support. Bumpers College awards more than $1 million to students annually.
The criteria include academics, financial need, interests, organizational involvement, etc. Because most scholarships are one-year awards, all current and prospective Bumpers College undergraduates are encouraged to apply each year. ALL applicants who are U.S. citizens are requested to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible each year.
The 2024-2025 Bumpers College Scholarship Application is now OPEN.
The scholarship application process for current students is open from Jan. 1-Feb.
15 every year.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 479-575-2596.
How to Apply:
The Bumpers College scholarship application period is open Jan. 1 - Feb. 15.
All current, new freshmen and new transfers students are encouraged to apply. Incoming students must be admitted to the University of Arkansas and have activated their account to access the application.
Student changing their major to a major within Bumpers College must do so by Feb. 12 for the purpose of scholarships (including incoming students).
Application Instructions for Current U of A Students, New Freshmen and New Transfers:
- Read the University of Arkansas Scholarship Application Instructions
- Login to Academic Works using your University of Arkansas credentials
- Username: the characters before the @uark.edu in your UA email
- Password: the same one used to login to your UA email and UAConnect
- Complete/submit the General Application before Feb. 15, 11:59 p.m. CST
- Complete/submit the Bumpers College Application by Feb. 15, 11:59 p.m. CST
- The Bumpers College application will only be recommended to you after you have entered at least your UA ID number and saved the General Application.
- Complete/submit any other available application(s) for which you would like to be considered for funding by Feb. 15, 11:59 p.m. CST
ALL students completing the Bumpers College scholarship application are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible.
NOTE: To be considered for Bumpers College college-wide and departmental opportunities, students must complete and submit both the General and Bumpers College Applications by the Feb. 15 deadline.
How to Accept:
- Scholarship award notifications (including offer details and acceptance requirements) will be sent to University of Arkansas email accounts (current and incoming students) and mailing addresses (incoming students only). We encourage all recipients to use their scholarship award offer(s) as confirmation for all appropriate notifications to local news media, educational entities and interested organizations.
- Recipients of new scholarship awards must record their intent to accept or decline each scholarship award offer by mailing or emailing a signed intent form (pdf) or by completing the online intent form (requires login with UA credentials).
- Recipients of scholarship awards with a letter of appreciation requirement must submit a letter written to the listed scholarship donor(s) for review and a final signed copy upon approval. Please follow the guidelines provided for letters of appreciation (pdf) included in your scholarship award offer.
- Recipients of crop, soil and environmental sciences departmental scholarship awards will receive a departmental participation form through their uark email. This form must be completed and returned to the department.
NOTE: Funds will only be released to student accounts after all required acceptance materials are received.
All college-wide and departmental scholarship award recipients must adhere to the following deadlines (unless otherwise indicated in award notifications):
- June 15: Intent forms due
- Submit using the online form, by email or mail a signed copy
- July 1: Drafted letters of appreciation due
- Submit via email to email@example.com as a .doc or .docx attachment
- August 15: Approved signed letters of appreciation due
- Submit in person or mail
- All mailed materials should be sent to:
- Bumpers College Scholarship Office
1 University of Arkansas, AFLS E-202
Fayetteville, AR 72701
- Bumpers College Scholarship Office
How to Keep Your Scholarship:
All Bumpers College scholarship award offers are made based on information provided in the Bumpers College Scholarship Application. To remain eligible for scholarship award funds, please note:
- All award offers are “pending” until eligibility has been confirmed; may be amended or rescinded if eligibility changes. Verification of eligibility includes, but is not limited to, maintained cumulative GPA and current-year FAFSA information.
- Funds released to student accounts only after all required acceptance materials are received (i.e. letter(s) of appreciation and Intent Forms).
- All recipients are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress and declare and actively pursue a degree while receiving Bumpers College and associated departmental scholarship award funding.
- Unless otherwise stated, scholarship award funds will be applied directly to student accounts, half per semester, pending confirmation of stated criteria and provided enrollment in a qualifying Bumpers College degree program as a full-time undergraduate (minimum of 12 credit hours) each semester. Any exceptions to hour requirements are noted in the scholarship award criteria.
- Bumpers College scholarship awards and associated departmental scholarship awards will be withdrawn if you change major outside the college or if information provided at time of application has changed such that you are no longer eligible for a scholarship award.
- Awarded and/or disbursed funds may be adjusted if additional financial aid or adjustments to existing financial aid results in total funding that exceeds your calculated Cost of Attendance (COA) as defined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Departmental scholarship awards will be withdrawn if you change to a major outside the awarding department.
- Spring payments are contingent on continued full-time enrollment in a qualifying degree program.
- If you will be graduating in December or do not need full-time hours to graduate in your final semester, please contact the Bumpers College Scholarship Office (479-575-2596; firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately.
- By accepting the scholarship award(s) offered, you agree to potential use of photograph (taken or submitted) and publicity by the college, and to participate in scholarship activities as your academic schedule permits. By accepting you also authorize the University of Arkansas and Bumpers College to share limited statistical information about you with the donor(s) and/or steward(s) of this scholarship award and other outside entities as required for scholarship evaluation and awarding purposes.
Scholarship Thank You Form