Hearts of Glass Presentation
On October 5th, Bumpers College and EMPOWER screened the documentary film, Hearts of Glass, which follows the tumultuous first 15 months of operation of Vertical Harvest (VH) of Jackson, Wyoming — a state-of-the-art hydroponic greenhouse that provides meaningful, inclusive employment for people with disabilities. The film was followed by a discussion panel with the filmmakers. You can watch the discussion below!
The mission of the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences is to improve the quality of life for Arkansans by preparing students for successful careers, conducting impactful research, promoting an inclusive and diverse culture, and sharing knowledge to promote viable food and agricultural systems, sustainable environments, healthy families and vibrant communities.
Advancing Student Success through student based programs:
Arkansas Lighthouse Summer Enrichment Academy.
Research and Scholarship
Advocacy and Resources
Ways to Get Involved
- Join the Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences organization
- Add one of our HESC courses to your degree plan as an elective (if not already required)
- Attend workshops, events and academic enrichment programs through the U of A Multicultural Center.
- Become an Undergraduate Student Safe Zone Ally
- Browse the U of A Libraries Diversity Guide
- Graduates students are eligible to complete the U of A Diversity Certificate Program
- Complete the Intercultural Competence Inventory training for Bumpers College: Putting Inclusivity at the Core of Bumpers College through Intercultural Development. Contact Jackie Mosley (email@example.com) for IDI training.
- Become a Safe Zone Ally.
- Enroll in the Diversity Champions program.
- The Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance offers the following trainings:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- ODI Implicit Bias Training
- IDEALS Institute Facing Bias: Exposing Blind Spots/Engaging in Action
- IDEALS Institute The Business Case for Diversity
- Complete the U of A Diversity Certificate Program.
- Familiarize yourself with the IDEALS Institute opportunities.