Spring 2021 Commencement
Spring 2021 Bumpers College Commencement Ceremonies Information
The Spring 2021 commencement ceremonies for the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences will be held on Saturday, May 8, 2021 in Barnhill Arena, located between Stadium Drive and Razorback Road. The ceremonies will begin promptly at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Graduates must arrive between 1:15 pm and 1:45 pm for the 2 p.m. ceremony and between 3:15 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. for the 4 p.m. ceremony to allow sufficient time to be seated. Plan for traffic and parking! Access to the arena will be prohibited prior to 1:15 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. due to social distancing needs during set up.
Can't be there in person? You can still watch the ceremony. Tune in at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. graduation day to live stream it!
The 2 p.m. ceremony is for students in the following majors:
- Agricultural Business
- Agricultural Education Communication & Technology
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Environmental Soil and Water Sciences
- Food Science
- Horticulture, Landscape and Turf Sciences
- Poultry Science
The 4 p.m. ceremony is for students in the following majors:
- Apparel Merchandising and Product Development
- Birth through Kindergarten
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Hospitality Management
- Human Development and Family Sciences
- Human Nutrition & Hospitality Innovation
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Graduates were required to register their plans for attendance at the spring ceremony with MarchingOrder by April 5. Graduates who did not register will not receive the needed tickets to enter the ceremony.
- Tickets will be available to print/email from the MarchingOrder website after April 16 to students who register their attendance by the April 5 deadline. Each student will automatically receive six guest tickets.
- Students may request an additional set of six guest tickets by emailing email@example.com. These additional sets of tickets will be distributed as available. In the event that unused seats are available, spectators who receive said tickets shall be restricted to the requesting student's family. Seating of multiple families in the same seating group will not be permitted.
- Safety precautions as set forth by the Arkansas Department of Health and the university will be followed.
- All guests, graduates and staff will be required to social distance and wear appropriate face masks.
- Graduates will enter Barnhill Arena at the lower south entrance. Family and guests will enter through the upper south or north entrances.
- Graduates will receive an email from MarchingOrder containing their ticket to attend the ceremony and a bar code to have their name read. Bring this ticket to the ceremony with you to check in for the ceremony.
- The email ticket you receive from MarchingOrder will have a row and seat number listed. Once you check in, proceed to your seat on the arena floor; due to social distancing requirements, there will be no processional.
- Diploma covers and programs will be found in each graduate’s seat on the floor.
- Present your name ticket to the person scanning the bar codes to have your name announced. You will then have a photo taken, and cross the stage to proceed to a photo station for a second photo.
- Graduates are directed to take their name ticket, diploma cover, commencement program, and any personal items to the stage. You will not be returning to this seat so do not leave any items.
- Following the second photo, graduates will exit the arena and meet their family and guests outside the arena. Individuals will not be permitted readmission to the arena.
Spring 2021 applicants are to order their regalia through buildagrad.com. Deadline to order regalia is April 25, 2021. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please reach out OM8346@bncollege.com.
Arrival and Entrances
Each ceremony will begin promptly at 2 p.m. and at 4 p.m., so graduates must arrive no later than 1:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. to allow sufficient time be seated. Graduates should enter Barnhill Arena at the lower level south entrance. Your seat assignment is found on your commencement name ticket and, after checking in, you should proceed to that seat on the arena floor. Family and guests will enter through the upper south or north entrances and those guests with mobility impairments should enter through the southwest entrance.
Please note: the doors of Barnhill Arena will open at 1:15 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. Graduates should leave all personal belongings (handbags, umbrellas, jackets, etc.) with a family member or in a locked vehicle. There is no secure storage available. All individuals carrying bags (camera cases, purses, etc.) may be searched at the door. We recommend no one bring umbrellas, backpacks, large bags, or additional items that may delay entry into Barnhill Arena. Again, graduates must leave personal belongings with family and friends. You will be exiting the arena immediately after crossing the stage and not be returning to the arena. Please wear attire with pockets for your cellphone or keys!
Name Card and Pronunciation of Your Name
Graduates who registered to attend the ceremony have received information regarding submitting their name and pronunciation to the MarchingOrder website. The email you receive from MarchingOrder is your commencement name ticket. This email ticket will have a row and seat number assignment for your location on the arena floor. When directed take your name ticket, diploma cover, commencement program, and any personal items with you to the stage. You will not be returning to the seating area so do not leave any items.
Presentation of Degrees by Family
The Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences is pleased to try to accommodate family members who are University of Arkansas faculty members to participate in our Commencement exercises. Please contact Carmen Alessi in the Dean’s Office (AFLS E222) or 479-575-2252 as soon as possible, if you have a family member who is a U of A faculty member that you would like to present your diploma at the commencement ceremony.
Grad Images will be taking photographs of degree candidates and will contact each student directly. You may also contact Grad Images by calling 1-800-261-2576 or by visiting their website. We invite family and friends to feel free to use cameras from their seats.
Live Streaming of the Bumpers College Ceremony
For family and guests who are unable to attend the ceremony, live streaming will be available on the day of the ceremony on the University of Arkansas YouTube Channel.
Information on parking and a parking map are located on the University of Arkansas’ Commencement Web page. Public parking areas are designated in purple on the map.
The specific street address to enter for GPS directions to Barnhill Arena is 1295 S. Razorback Road, Fayetteville, AR 72701.
Persons with Mobility Impairments
Disabled seating is available on the lower south level of Barnhill Arena using the southwest entrance. Because there are a limited number of disabled seating, only two additional guests may accompany those utilizing the disabled seating. Other members of the party are asked to be seated in the general seating areas to allow us to accommodate other guests with special needs.
The southwest entrance of Barnhill Arena is the designated drop-off location for those who are mobility impaired and disabled parking is available in lots 59 and 67. Please view the Spring Commencement Parking Map for more details.
Also, please let us know if there are other specific accommodations needed by anyone in your party so that he or she may fully enjoy the commencement ceremony. Please contact us regarding these requests prior to May 6, 2021.
Additional information regarding commencement may be found on the Registrar's website or call the Bumpers College Dean’s Office at 479-575-2252 prior to 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 7 , 2021.
University of Arkansas Graduation App
Graduates are encouraged to download the University of Arkansas Graduation app on Google Play or Apple devices for details on graduation and commencement including useful information about applying to graduate, attending commencement, and receiving the diploma.
Family, friends, and other guests will find helpful information such as commencement schedules, parking maps, live streaming and the list of prospective graduates.