Goals & Objectives
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee has compiled a comprehensive list of goals, objectives and action items as part of our college-wide DEI strategic plan.
Goal 1: College Level Initiatives – Policy, Procedures, Best Practices
Goal 1 Objectives:
- Establish and model a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at the Dean’s Office level.
- Conduct an initial audit across college programs to assess areas of improvement.
- Dedicate annual funding to support college and unit DEI Initiatives.
- Engage campus community stakeholders and intentionally include community members in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and assessment of college DEI initiatives.
View Goal 1 action items (PDF) in our strategic plan.
Goal 2: Employees – Recruitment, Retention, and Advancement of Faculty and Staff
Goal 2 Objectives:
- To increase recruitment and representation of racial/ethnically diverse faculty and staff as positions become available.
- To increase focus on transition and retention support for incoming faculty and staff.
- To ensure all employees throughout Bumpers College, primarily faculty and staff, complete Facing Bias training through the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance. Additional trainings will be considered ‘opt-in’ and cross promoted throughout the college and academic units.
- Review support for employee (faculty and staff) advancement and establish, as needed, a clear college infrastructure and/or policy related to advancement and professional development during the 2021-2022 year.
View Goal 2 action items (PDF) in our strategic plan.
Goal 3: Students – Recruitment, Retention, and Advancement of Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Goal 3 Objectives:
- The college aims to increase representation among undergraduate and graduate students who may come from minoritized communities, with an emphasis on improving the college culture and environment to better support students from these communities.
- To increase retention of undergraduate and graduate students from diverse backgrounds.
- The college will continue to prioritize financial and promotional support for Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences (MANRRS) RSO and other minority/identity-based student groups. Faculty and student knowledge of such groups will be enhanced through college and departmental promotion of RSO events and opportunities. Student leaders from active RSOs will be invited to visit with freshmen orientation classes.
- Increase the advancement opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in the college.
View Goal 3 action items (PDF) in our strategic plan.
Goal 4: Fostering College Wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Education Opportunities
Goal 4 Objectives:
- To foster education and awareness in Bumpers College about DEI topics among undergraduate and graduate students.
View Goal 4 action items (PDF) in our strategic plan.