Jobs and Internships
Bumpers College provides many opportunities for professional development during a student's academic careers. Summer internships are a great way to gain professional experience and make beneficial networking connections, not to mention many of our undergraduate programs require an internship for degree completion.
How can you stay in the loop on career or internship opportunities?
- Make sure you check your weekly Waldrip Student Center newsletter email.
- Check Handshake for Career Development Center Events.
- Ask your advisor about internships available and when to plan them into your degree program.
- Consider a study abroad internship program.
- Attend the annual Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences Career Fair (fall date TBA).
- Stay connected to your respective industries by joining your department clubs.
- Follow @bumperscollege on social media - we share a lot of postings!
Do you advise a club that offers professional development opportunities? Does your program area or course feature Alumni or Employer guest speakers? Let us know and we'll get the word out!
Other Ways to Engage:
- Invite employers in your field to speak to students
- Encourage students to attend career events