Mission Statement and Description of the Honors Program
The mission of the Honors Program is to provide students with the opportunity to participate in academic, research and creative activities beyond the traditional undergraduate experience.
Who is eligible?
- Incoming freshman with an ACT score of 28 or higher and a high school GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Current and transfer student who has completed no more than 62 hours with a college GPA of at least 3.50.
What are the Honors Program requirements?
- Complete nine hours of required Honors Program coursework
- Complete six hours of Honors Thesis credit
- Conduct research or creative activities in close association with a faculty mentor
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.50
What are the benefits?
- Work directly with faculty mentors on their research/creative projects culminating in their honors thesis
- Receive stipends to support thesis projects and study abroad opportunities
- Publish and present findings at scientific/professional meetings
- Live in special housing in the Honors Quarters
- Advanced course pre-enrollment
- Specialized honors courses
- Special recognition at the College commencement ceremony
Where can a student get more information?
- Visit our web page at Bumper Honors Program
- Contact the Honors Program Director at email@example.com or 479-575-7434
- Contact your departmental Honors Faculty committee member listed on the web page