Policies and Forms

It's important for our students to be knowledgeable about University and College policies and guidelines. Below are various forms and resources our students need  for specific academic processes. If you have any questions about which form or resource to use, please contact our front desk staff at 479-575-2252 or aflsdean@uark.edu.

Advising Form

This form is completed by the student when his/her major is declared and an advisor is assigned. It must be signed by both advisor and student. The carbon copy form can be obtained from the advisor or department.

AFLS Overload Petition (19-21 hours)

The student completes the student information, Proposed Schedule of Classes, and Reason for Overload sections. The advisor completes the Recommendations of Advisor section and signs the form. The student takes the form to the Dean's office for processing.

AFLS Scholarship Application

The Bumpers College Scholarship Application is available online only from January 1 - February 15 each year.  Applications must be fully completed and submitted by 11:59 PM February 15th. Some scholarships require additional materials which are listed separately from the scholarship application.  Additional scholarship opportunities are also listed separately and should be reviewed individually.

Course Substitution Form

Once you complete this form online, you will be contacted by a department representative.

FERPA Consent Form

This form allows the student to choose what information may be released and to whom it may be released. The student completes this form and turns it in at the Dean's office.

Financial Aid Appeal

The student completes the Student Aid Appeal Cover Page, writes an appeal letter to the Student Aid Committee detailing the circumstance, and includes any supporting documents. The student's advisor completes the appeal form. The student takes the form and other documents to the Dean's office for processing.

Minor Form for non-AFLS minors

This form is available in the Dean's office. Student and advisor signatures are needed. The student must check the catalog to see if a signature of the Department Head granting the Minor is required. A completed and signed form should be in the student's folder before applying for graduation.

Out of Career Form

The completion of the Out of Career Form is necessary when a graduate student wishes to enroll in an undergraduate level course or when an undergraduate student desires to enroll in a graduate level course for undergraduate credit. This form may require the signatures of the instructor, adviser, or department chair. It is submitted to the graduate dean's office.

Petition for Acceptance of "D" Grades for Transfer Credit 

Petition of Transfer Credit 

After the student completes and signs this form, it is returned to the Dean's office for recommendation. This form and all required materials should be submitted at least one month prior to the term for which admission is being requested.

Petition to Academic Standards Committee

Students complete Parts A and B; part C by the student's academic dean who will forward the petition to the Office of the Registrar. Petitions should reach the Registrar's Office by 4:00 PM three working days preceding the meeting of the Committee. The Academic Standards Committee calendar can be found online.

Petition to Take Coursework at Another Institution

The student may pick up this form from the Dean's office. To check for the Off-campus Equivalencies, see the Transfer Equivalency Guide available online. The student, advisor, and Dean's office must sign the form.

Request to use Grade Forgiveness Policy 

The advisor or departmental representative completes this form specifying the criteria and need for the student list. The Dean's office will provide the list but all personally identifiable information for each student will be omitted.

UA Overload Petition (22+ hours) 

Students who wish to carry more than 21 hours per semester must first request and receive favorable action from the Academic Standards Committee. The Dean's office has these forms.

Walton College Course Substitution Petition for AFLS students 


Administrative Drop/Add 

Students may drop/add courses on UAConnect during the schedule-adjustment period or during the first five class days of a major semester. Students who drop classes by the end of the first week of classes in the fall and spring will have their fees adjusted. A course dropped during the first 10 days of class of a major semester will not show on the official academic record. After the first 10 class days and before the drop deadline, a student may drop a course but a "W" will be recorded. Students may not drop a full-semester course after the Friday of the tenth week of classes in a semester. Check the form for correct student ID, College (AFLS or GRAD), Career (UGRD or GRAD), course ID, credit hours, and a reason for the drop/add. Drop/Add forms must have the signature of the instructor, the advisor, and department head. Form should be sent to the Dean's office for processing.

Administrator Evaluation Form

Evaluation Procedures for Administrators of Bumpers College and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station

Change of Class Schedule 

This is an interactive PDF form that is to be use to make changes to the schedule of classes.

Curriculum Change Form Online

A variety of links to forms necessary for the curriculum change process. Major curriculum changes include: add a course, change a course, inactivate/delete a course. Minor curriculum changes include change a course and reactivate a course. There are also links from this page to view pending course changes at different levels of the approval process.

Description of Special Problems

 This form is completed by the instructor for each student enrolling in a special problem section. It should outline the expectations of the student to complete the special problem. The form should be submitted to the Dean's office within the first three weeks of the semester.

Early Alert Form

Graduate Faculty Application Form 

This form is used for initial approval of graduate faculty status of for any upgrade of status for graduate advising. The form is routed thought he senior member of the college representative on the Graduate Council for submission to the Graduate School.

Non-classified Support/Program Personnel Annual Performance Review Form and Rating Form

Program Changes

This is the electronic program/unit change form that is used to submit changes to degree program requirements.

Request for Special Topics class 

This form is used to describe the proposed course to be offered. It should have clear objectives, state a need for the class, and include a topical outline of the proposed course. This should be presented to the departmental curriculum committee, and approved by the department head. This approval must take place before the courses are submitted for the schedule of classes. Normally this time frame is one year in advance of the instruction of the course.

Request for Student Information 

The advisor or departmental representative completes this form specifying the criteria and need for the student list. The Dean's office will provide the list but all personally identifiable information for each student will be omitted.

Time Tabulation Worksheet  (New worksheet to come soon)

This spreadsheet is used for 9- and 12-month faculty to calculate the percentage of instructional load for the previous year. It is submitted with the faculty service review form during the evaluation period.