Dean's Office Directory
Micayla is a Kansas native who made her way to Fayetteville to complete her undergraduate degree and returned after completing her Master's degree in Georgia. In her current position as Assistant Director of Web Communications (and Webmaster) for the Dale Bumpers College, Micayla develops, executes and maintains comprehensive web-based marketing and communication strategies for the college. In addition to those duties, she assists departmental web managers in optimizing their respective websites and keeping them up-to-date with web-based trainings.
University of Arkansas, 2014
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences
Agricultural Communications concentration
University of Georgia, 2016
Master of Agricultural and Environmental Education
Web Content Specialist, University of Georgia, 2014-2016
- Edited and created CAES Student Website content for a new website release, including undergraduate and graduate majors, minors and certificate programs, study abroad programs, internships, online courses, events, announcements, scholarships and faculty resources.
- Corresponded with Office of Communications personnel to assist college departments in auditing content and compiling their content revisions for entire CAES website revision (separate project), not just student website revisions.
- Corresponded with college departments to assist with their content revisions.
- Optimized new content for search engines through keyword evaluation.
- Collaborated with the IT team on new website functionality and design.
- Created and published pages for the new content in Adobe Experience Manager.
Web Content Writer, Freelance, 2015
- Wrote and edited content for a new medical billing website.
- Collaborated with Horizon Medical Billing (HMB) leadership to assist with their content vision.
- Worked with the HMB Web Team to develop and efficient and visually appealing design to supplement new content.