Faculty Council Minutes- January 2007MINUTES
DBCAFLS FACULTY COUNCIL MEETING
January 26, 2007, 2:30 p.m.
Rosen Center Conference Room
Faculty Present: C. Rosenkrans, Chair, P. Waldroup (POSC), J. Webb (HESC), A. Proctor (FDSC), F. Stephen (ENTO), D. Karcher (HORT), M. Stewart (CSES), T. Costello (BAEG), G Milus (PLPA), D. Rainey (AEAB), D. Oliver (Chair-elect), J. Miller (AGED), and H. Brown (ANSC)
Also Present: Dr. Greg Weidemann, Dean
1. Call to Order - C. Rosenkrans, chair, called meeting to order at 2:30 p.m.
2. Agenda - P. Waldroup moved to approve the agenda, H. Brown seconded the motion.
3. Approval of Minutes - P. Waldroup moved to approve the minutes with corrections. T. Costello seconded. Motion passed to approve minutes with corrections.
4. Reports -
A. Dr. Greg Weidemann - Administration
We have added thirty-five additional students in Spring registration. On the management plan a retreat is being planned for sometime in March. Our 2010 goals evaluation workshop is also being planned with needed improvements in diversity. We will need to restructure International Programs with the retirement of Dr. Laferney, along with a fresh look at our Honors Program. We usually stay up with other colleges in retention and graduation rate; however, graduation slipped just a little this past year.
B. Faculty Senate - Did not meet in January
C. Promotion and Tenure Committee
J. Miller read the recommendations by the committee that were included in the December minutes. There was discussion by the Council and Dr. Weidemann about the possibilities of using electronic format for P & T documents. Fulbright scans all documents and gives each member a jump drive. Ideas will be explored and may be handled by administration, if a faculty vote will not be needed. Council action is required according to the current by laws regarding the one page summary.
Motion by F. Stephen to ask the Promotion and Tenure Committee to format a document for the one page summary, seconded by D. Oliver. Motion passed.
D. HESC Curriculum Committee -
1) Course Title and description change for HESC 2023 - from "Visual Merchandising" to "Visual Merchandising and Fashion Promotion".
Members thought this had already been approved, no further action was taken.
2) Course - HESC 4613 to HESC 3502 "Food Service Purchasing"
Motion by J. Webb, second by H. Brown that HESC 4613 by changed to HESC 3503. Motion passed.
5. Old Business - none.
6. New Business - Agenda for January 31st meeting.
7. Announcements - Dr. Patrick Fenn is in the hospital in grave condition.
8. Meeting adjourned - The meeting was adjourned at 4:00 p.m.