Enhance the educational experience and maximize opportunities for students in the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food & Life Sciences.
Therefore, we are committed to a strong, effective academic advising program. Advising plays a significant role in the developmental process of educating students for lifelong learning.
The advising relationship is a partnership between student and advisor and is dependent on effective communication and regular contact. This partnership has shared responsibilities which culminate in student success.
- Know degree requirements
- Know resources and services
- Understand sequencing of courses
- Provide guidance and advice
- Be responsible for self
- Be familiar with deadlines
- Know your degree plan requirements
- Plan a semester ahead
- Use your U of A e-mail
- Utilize your resources
- Communicate with advisors/instructors to develop a relationship