DBCAFLS FACULTY COUNCIL MEETING
April 21, 2006
2:00 p.m. Rosen Center Conference Room
Faculty Present: D. Johnson, Chair, C. Rosenkrans, H. Brown (ANSC), A. Proctor (FDSC), D. Karcher (HORT), P Waldroup (POSC), L. Parsch (AEAB), M. Stewart (CSES).
G. Weidemann – Administration
L. Robertson – (HESC) for J. Webb
P. Finn (PLPA) for G. Milus1. Call to Order
– D. Johnson, Chair, called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. 2. Agenda
– D Karcher moved to approve the agenda. M. Stewart seconded. Motion was approved. 3. Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the April 2006 meeting of the Faculty Council were presented for approval. H. Brown made motion to approve the minutes. P. Waldren seconded the motion. Motion was approved. 4. Reports
A. G. Weidemann – Administration
- In the process of budget building. There will be a salary raise, but it will be a tight year for the college.
- Honors Convocation was one of the best ones yet, but there are still concerns over low attendance.
- G. Weidemann will be talking to Department Heads about Faculty Awards. He would like to see every department have a nominee.
B. Graduate Council Report – No report
C. Faculty Senate
- C. Rosenkrans reported that the Provost his report and it included the fact they are still trying to distribute the funds. He also said that it is going to be a tight budget year.
- Sean Mulvenon gave a report on grade inflation. It is on the Faculty Senate web site. Grades are going up.
- Bob Brady gave a report on the Faculty Administrative payrolls.
D. Ad hoc committee on non-tenure-track hiring practice
5. Standing Committee Reports
- Dr. Johnson has communicated by e-mail and phone to Vice President Shlut.
- Vice President is open to discussion about Non-Tenure Track practice and will meet if individual departments if they would like.
A. Freddie Scott, Agriculture subcommittee – No report.6. Old Business - None7. New Business
B. Marjorie Fitch-Hilgenberg, Human Environmental Sciences Subcommittee – No report.
8. Inquiries from the Faculty
- Spring Faculty Meeting will be Friday, May 5th at 10:00 A.M.
- M. Stewart inquired as to if an open position goes back to the Dean’s office or stays in the department. Dr. Weidemann answered the inquiry by stating that when a faculty member leaves a position, the position goes back to the Deans office for review.
10. Meeting Adjourned
- T. Costello asked to drum up Faculty Senate representatives.
- C. Rosenkrans reminded everyone that Vice President Schult volunteered to meet with individual departments.
– M. Stewart moved to adjourn. H. Brown seconded the motion.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:43.