Scholarships for students seeking rewarding careers involving food, family, or the environment are made possible by generous gifts from many firms and individuals. The criteria for these scholarships include academics, financial need, interests, organizational involvement, etc. All current and prospective Bumpers College undergraduate students are encouraged to apply each year.
Thanks to the support of our generous scholarship donors, Bumpers College was able to provide approximately $730,000 to more than 370 students last year to help support their dreams and professional aspirations.
Scholarship offers for 2013-2014 are currently being sent throughout the month of May. Incoming freshmen and transfer students will receive offers via the U.S. postal service. Current UA will receive offers via uark email.
Due to the number of applicants and the reallocation of unclaimed scholarships, Bumpers College does not send nonaward letters.
ALL students are encouraged to check their Univesity of Arkansas email accounts weekly throughout the summer for important information from Bumpers College and the University of Arkansas.
For more information, contact Patti Sanders (479-575-2596)
Information for Students
- Applications will be reviewed by the college scholarship committee which is comprised of members representing all departments within Bumpers College.
- If you have been offered a Bumpers College scholarship, or a scholarship from one of the college departments, click here for instructions on accepting your scholarship.
- Some scholarships require thank you letters be written before funds will be disbursed. Click here for instructions on writing thank you letters to scholarship stewards.
- If you would like your Bumpers College scholarship announcement sent to your hometown newspaper, submit the Hometown News Release.
- Additional scholarship opportunities may still have open application deadlines. To view some of these opportunities, click the "Scholarships Offered" link below.
- Bumpers College Scholarships
View the list of Bumpers College scholarships. Students who complete the online Bumpers College Scholarship Application by the deadline will be considered.
- Bumpers College Scholarships requiring supplemental materials. Students must complete the online Bumpers College Scholarship application and submit the required materials to be considered.
- Departmental Scholarships
Complete the online Bumpers College Scholarship Application to be considered for these scholarships specific to individual majors within the Bumpers College. Please check your department page to learn if additional materials are required.
- International Programs Scholarships
Complete the online Scholarship Application to be considered for these scholarships designed to benefit students enhancing their education through study abroad.
- Scholarships with Separate Applications
Separate applications are required for these agriculture and human environmental science scholarships. You are encouraged to browse through the list and apply for those for which you might qualify.
- University Scholarships
All University students may apply for University Academic Scholarships. Visit the Office of Academic Scholarships to apply. The incoming freshman scholarship application deadline is usually mid-November, but they will accept applications through February of the following year. The application for current UofA students will be available in January, with a deadline in March 2012.
- Alumni Association Scholarships
The scholarships are available to students who have an immediate family member who is an alum of the University of Arkansas. Visit the Alumni Association's Website to apply.
- Scholarships Outside the University of Arkansas
Visit these scholarship and financial aid sources outside of the University.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid - Students who apply here beginning January 1, 2013, will be considered for federal grants, student loans, and work study.
- State Aid - Students who apply here beginning January 1, 2013, will be considered for the Governor's, Governor's Distnguished, and Arkansas Academic Challenge (aka lottery) scholarships. Students must complete the FAFSA in order to be considered for Arkansas Academic Challenge scholarships. The deadline for these scholarships is June 1, 2013.